Small people, small minds
We have become a country of instant gratification, entitlement and grievance mongering. Obama’s supporters are gloating with glee but, are too small minded to see the the future of their country is not looking as bright as teh WON tells them. So, for the benefit of those who did not understand why the policies of this Administration did not work and will not work and, why the Statist Governing style is to be feared, this info should give some food for thought, from Legal Insurrection
As Drudge would say-”Own it!”
In Past 48 hrs, following companies announded layoffs: Caterpillar, CVPH Medical Center, Lightyear Haqwker Beechcraft, Westinghouse, Research in Motion, US Cellular, Commerzbank, Iberia, ING, Ericsson, Bristol-Myers, Corning, Boston Scientific, Abbott Labs and St. Jude.
“Energizer Holdings Inc. will reduce its global workforce by more than 10 percent — or about 1,500 employees — as the company closes three manufacturing plants and streamlines other operations.”
“As Twitchy reported in September, the Obama administration made moves to encourage defense contractors to delay layoff announcements until after the election, offering to reimburse contractors for any legal costs incurred in not informing their affected employees. Lockheed Martin seemingly took the offer, and today, Boeing announced it would be cutting 30 percent of management positions.”
And, of course—–”Unexpectedly: Stocks Suffer Heavy Losses Second Straight Day After Election;Analysts Baffled”
The Blaze has a list of post-election announcements for companies large and small. This is just PART of the list, it is much longer:
- Caterpillar Inc. will close its plant in Owatonna Minn.
- Mount Pleasant’s Albrecht Sentry Foods
- The Target store at Manassas Mall Va.
- Millennium Academy in Wake Forest NC
- Target Closing Kissimmee FL Location
- The Andover Gift Shop in Andover MA
- Grand Union Family Markets Closing Storrs Location CT
- Movie Scene Milford Location NH
- Update: TE Connectivity Closing Greensboro Plant – 620 Layoffs Expected
- Gomer’s Fried Chicken in South Kansas City
- Kmart in Homer Glen
- Fresh Market on Pine Street in Burlington
- AGC Glass North America to permanently close its Blue Ridge Plant in Kingsport Tenn.
- The Target store at Platte and Academy in Colorado Springs
- The Roses store on Reynold Road in Winston-Salem NC
- Meanders Kitchen losing its West Seattle location at 6032 California Ave
- Bost Harley-Davidson at 46th Avenue North and Delaware Ave. in West Nashville TN
- Townsend Booksellers in Oakland
- The Kmart store in Parkway Plaza off University Drive in Durham NC – 79 Jobs Lost
Is there any doubt that many of these announcements, at least for the larger companies, were delayed out of fear of retribution from the Obama administration?
The same administration which has bullied defense contractors into not complying with the WARN Act prior to the election. Message sent and received.
Self-censorship is the end result of fear of the State.
Stock Market has dropped 412 points in two days and today isn’t looking good either. Maybe Obama should stay in DC instead of running off to Burma, Cambodia and Thailand. While I do realize there is an Asian Summit happening, it would be nice if BO had a summit of his own with Congress to assure the markets. As President he should be commited to solving our problems.
While you’re busy chortling and cheering your remarkable win, there are thousands upon thousands of Americans losing their jobs. How’s that for a coalition? Tell us again how you plan on making the country the “greatest nation in the world”? Where will the tax revenues come from to run your expanded social programs?
This is your “we told you so”….. small minds, small thinking…… elections have consequences…you didn’t “win” anything and you really do “Own It”.
- Layoff bomb detonates; Large corporations join small businesses in announcing mass cuts (twitchy.com)
- The Mass Firings Begin (americanthinker.com)
- You were warned: Obama’s layoff bomb goes BOOM! (michellemalkin.com)
- Appliance parts plant closing to cut 620 NC jobs (newsobserver.com)