Just like everything else
Immigration reform done in secret behind closed doors and being rushed through. You would think the “most transparent” governing body ever in life would let a little sunshine on the bill instead of steamrolling it through. 844 pages containing waivers and very little, if anything, about border security.
“If, in five years, the plan has not reached 100 percent awareness and 90 percent apprehension, the Department of Homeland Security will lose control of the issue and it will be turned over to the border governors to finish the job,” Marco Rubio said. “Which is not a Washington commission, made up of congressmen or bureaucrats. It’s largely led by the border state governors, who have a vested local interest in ensuring that that border is secure.”
Of course, the Commission will have ten members, comprised of:
- Two appointed by the president.
- One chosen by the Majority Leader of the Senate
- One chosen by the Minority Leader. (In practice, both will be appointed by the President pro tempore of the Senate.)
- One chosen by the Speaker of the House
- One chosen by the House Minority Leader.
- Finally, the other four will be either the governor or the governor’s appointee from the states of California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas.
That makes six representatives chosen by D.C. and four from the border states.
That type of “Commission” worked out so well during the sequester debate, let’s just do it again. The count is 11 million illegals destined for amnesty. The truth is no one knows how many are here illegally. Some have cited up to 20 million. An article from the CSMonitor 2006 states that obvious fact. http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0516/p01s02-ussc.html.
OFA is jumping on the big immigration bandwagon too… it’s all about Obama and another “huge moment” for him.
Organizing for Action, the activist group that grew out of President Obama’s 2012 campaign, plans what it calls a “major day of action” next month to gather support for the bipartisan Gang of Eight comprehensive immigration reform bill.
“This is a huge moment for President Obama,” said Emmy Ruiz, OFA’s immigration campaign manager, in an email sent to supporters of the Obama campaign Sunday. “The president made it clear last year that comprehensive immigration reform is a big part of his agenda — and we can help him keep that promise to the American people.” (it isn’t the American people he made that “promise” to, it was and is the illegals living here-ed)
Yes, just like the “gun control legislation” was a “huge moment” for BO too. Think of all the taxpayer money wasted by Preezy flying around the country and getting shot down on another “key piece” of his agenda.
Barack Obama is a lame duck president. Nobody listens to what he says anymore, nobody is interested in winning his approval and nobody much cares if he thinks they have “let the country down”. This is typical for a second-term president who has lost all their leverage because they’re no longer running for office and everybody is patiently waiting for the day when he quits the White House. But Obama’s difficult personality has doubled the size of the challenge. Gloating in victory, adolescent in defeat — the Prez doesn’t make it easy to work with him. Why should conservative senators give him a legislative victory after he has spent four years painting them as knuckle-dragging rednecks who hate women and the poor?
Whatever your position on gun control, yesterday’s events are a damning indictment of Obama’s presidency — a flash of style, lots of soaring rhetoric and, when the votes are actually counted, little [to] show for any of it. America has four more years of this lame-duck president telling them that it has let him down. If only he could tear up the Constitution and rule by diktat he might save himself a little disappointment. Alas, American democracy is a stickler for rules……snip
Now, on to the next wedge issue the Administration hoped to exploit — immigration. This is another major issue, where a very lengthy bill has been drafted so far without hearings or debate, on an important hot-button issue.
After the events of the past week….it’s not looking to be a huge success for BO or the “Gang of Eight”.
- A LAME DUCK SQUAWKS, BUT WHY? I wrote here that it was odd for Obama to make gun control the sign… (pjmedia.com)
- Marco Rubio’s Immigration Bill Getting Help from… Organizing for America? (libertynews.com)
- Duped again: New immigration bill waters down border enforcement (conservativelyspeaking.us)
- Senate’s Immigration Reform Bill Would Change Arizona’s Role on Key Issue (blackchristiannews.com)
- How Chuck Schumer ran rings around Marco Rubio (powerlineblog.com)
- Posted in: Barack Obama ♦ Congress ♦ Democrats ♦ Dept of Homeland Security ♦ Dept of Justice ♦ illegal immigration ♦ National Security ♦ Politics ♦ Progressives ♦ Random ♦ Uncategorized ♦ US border
- Tagged: Barack Obama, class warfare, Lame duck, Marco Rubio, national security, Obama, Obama administration, United States