UPDATE: The Circus comes to town
MOM (mother of Mo) must have been tired from that long flight but, did she have to run around in a duster?
Don’t they look happy to be in China for this remarkable taxpayer funded not-really-a-vacation photo? But, there is trouble in paradise…..
- Michelle Obama, her daughters and her mother Marian Robinson are staying in a sumptuous presidential suite at a Beijing Westin hotel
- Mrs. Robinson has been ‘barking at the staff since she arrived,’ a hotel staffer said, adding that ‘we can’t wait for this to be over’
- Secret Service agents are monopolizing elevators and booting high-paying guests from their rooms to occupy a block of space near the first lady
- Both front and back doors of the hotel are blocked off, with Chinese and U.S. security agents screening everyone who enters
- Ordinary Chinese describe Mrs. Obama and her family as kind and gracious, but hotel staff are ‘fed up’
As photographs and television footage began to emerge of Mrs Peng and Mrs Obama touring the Chinese capital, the country’s online forums were quick to claim victory in the “battle of the First Ladies”.
“Our First Lady is so graceful and elegant, leaving Michelle far behind,” said one critic. “We have won this time,” remarked another. “Ours is more refined and eye-catching,” said a third.
There was praise for Mrs Peng’s belted trouser suit, with flashes of crimson at her neckline to match her red earrings and clutch, but some questioned whether her high heels were sensible enough for the cobbles of the Forbidden City. But without them, Mrs Obama would have towered over her.
Stay tuned for more on Our Lady of Perpetual Travel adventures in China. Updating as she MOOves along on her “apology tour”. This trip is supposed to make up for MO snubbing the Chinese First Lady (who actually is a lady) when Xi Jinping and his wife visited the US.
LOL funny from the People’s Cube
FLATUS is taking Satchmo and Malaria (the royal offspring) and Grandma out for
Chinese. Unlike the unwashed commoners, she will travel with the usual entourage
of dog washers, strap hangers, three jets, and the usual “U.S. Taxpayer’s
Platinum Card”, so that the cost of her enjoyment may be
distributed across the paychecks of all over whom she
Malaysian pilots familiar with the airspace have been